5 Effortless Yet Effective Ways Telling How To Clean Earrings For A Long Run
Almost every woman in the world loves to wear jewelry. They consider jewelry pieces to enhance their beauty. There are different types of jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, pendants, bangles, and many more. Out of all the types of jewelry, earrings are the most popular, whether these be stud earrings, hoop earrings, cluster earrings, chandelier earrings, etc. There are ladies and even men that like to wear earrings daily. They wear earrings for work, at events, at home, at dinners, and any other place.
When you wear earrings daily, they will get dirty like any other accessory. It is necessary to clean your earrings to keep them new-looking and for your hygiene. Cleaning earrings is mandatory because they are for ears and, they are pretty much visible to everyone.
What things make earrings dirty?
There are a lot of things that cause your earrings to become dirty-looking. Such as:
- Your hair gets stuck in your earrings.
- When you apply make-up, the products stain your earrings.
- You eat lunch or clean your house and touch your earrings without washing your hands. This action causes the dirt to stick to the earrings.
- The remnants of shampoo or conditioner stay on your earrings after your bath. The chemicals from these products cause the color of the earrings to fade.
- You apply hair spray to style your hair but, the chemicals from that spray cause the earrings to become dull-looking.
- The above factors are some of the things that cause your earrings to become dirty. These things can cause your earrings to have dirt and grease on them. They can even lead to infections.
How to Clean Your Earrings?
Cleaning earrings is a very manageable task to perform. You don't have to go through a hassle. Anyone can do it at home with a few simple ingredients. Though there a separate ways for all types of earrings.
Here are five of the most useful techniques to clean your earrings for a long-lasting time:
- Soak in Warm Water
Hot water is a simple and effective way to clean earrings. Here's what you have to do:
Boil water and fill it in a cup.
Add your earrings to the cup and soak them for 10 to 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes pass, take a toothbrush ( preferably soft) and gently cleanse the earrings.
After that, dry the earrings with a dry cloth, and your earrings will be clean and ready to wear.
This solution is useful for removing viewable dirt and residue from your earrings but can't help remove other hard-to-remove stains or tarnishes.
Dishwashing Soap for Diamonds:
Cleaning diamonds can be complicated since diamonds are complex materials. A tiny mistake can cause discoloration in diamond earrings. After some research, gemologists believe that dishwashing soap is useful for cleaning diamonds. The steps are to clean diamond earrings:
- Take 3 to 5 drops of dishwashing soap and mix it with 1 cup of hot water.
- Use a regular brush or toothbrush and scrub the diamond earrings with it.
- Make sure to clean all the dirt from the diamond earrings.
- After cleaning, leave the earrings to dry at room temperature.
- Now add the earrings to the soap-water and soak for a few minutes.
- Again take a soft brush and rub the diamond earrings mildly to rid them of the remaining residue.
- Now you have to dip the earrings once more in the soap solution for another two minutes.
- Now rinse the earrings with cold water.
- Now take out the earrings.
- To completely dry and clean the earrings, gently rub them with a dry cloth.
Take the steps above to keep your diamond earrings sparkly and appealing. Remember to be extra careful when handling diamonds, as using force can cause discoloration.
Hydrogen Peroxide (Baking Soda):
There are a lot of ways to use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning jewelry. Hydrogen peroxide is a reliable substance to remove dirt and also acts as a disinfectant. Baking soda is available in almost every household.
There are several ways to use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning your earrings. One of the techniques are:
- Add hydrogen peroxide to a small bowl or cup.
- Dip your earrings in the bowl of hydrogen peroxide for at least 5-6 minutes.
- Now take out the earrings and soak them in clean hot water.
- Take out the earrings from the water and clean the remaining dirt with a Q-tip.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is a substance helpful to clean earrings and remove tarnish and grime.
Use a Microfiber Cloth:
Earrings are mostly small in size and delicate. If you handle earrings roughly, you might damage them. You can use a microfiber cloth, like the one for cleaning glasses, to clean your earrings.
Unlike the regular cloth, microfiber cloth has tiny loops that don't get stuck in the earrings.
You can use a microfiber and wipe the earrings with care to remove any visible dust particles or dirt.
Microfiber is helpful to clean earrings without the worry of damaging them during the process.
5, Silver Wipes for Silver Earrings:
Most silver earrings use sterling silver, and oxygen and water can damage this type of silver. Sterling silver earrings look beautiful and elegant, but these earrings oxidize if you spray some chemicals on them or even water.
Due to their sensitive nature, experts suggest using silver wipes. These wipes have chemicals that can gently clean silver and don't cause any damage. When you wipe your Sterling silver earrings with these wipes, they automatically bring the earrings to their original state.
These wipes make your earrings sparkly and shiny and as good as new.
Cleaning earrings is a simple task. If you leave your earrings dirty, they look bad and also are unhealthy. Dirty earrings can infect parts of your ears, specifically earlobes.
You have to make sure to clean your earrings from time to time for your benefit.
The above techniques can make your earrings look fresh and long-lasting. Use clean jewelry to enhance your beauty.
- Sahibzada Junaid